The Eveleth-Gilbert and Virginia School Boards will hold their fourteenth joint session on Thursday, June 13, at
5:00 p.m. at the Northeast Service Cooperative, 5525 Emerald Ave, Mountain Iron, 55768. This is a special
working session school board meeting.
Both Eveleth-Gilbert schools and Virginia schools are members of the Northeast Service Cooperative.
This is a public meeting. All members of the public are welcome to attend.
The purpose of the meeting will be for the school boards to discuss:
- Scope of what needs to be done: Eveleth-Gilbert and Virginia systems to be merged
- Big picture merger considerations
- Technology integration plan
- The consolidation process: Gary Lee, MSBA
- Consolidating labor agreement contracts: Mitchell Brunfelt, attorney
- Discussion of Joint Powers Agreement: Mitchell Brunfelt, attorney
- Presale reports and revised financial estimates: Ehlers
- Summer meeting schedule with architects
- Audience questions